Thursday, January 27, 2011

Keepin' It Real

I am loving having three kids right now. Of course it can get crazy, it's exhausting, and it's never fun when all three kids are crying at one time. But, I do love the family that God has blessed us with.

However, I don't want to give anyone the illusion that we've "got this under control." So, tonight after supper I took pictures as proof that our house is anything but under control. Ha!



Clint giving Sydney and K-Man breathing treatments. And Jack wanted to be a part of everything. Exhibit A of why my house is nuts. Notice the Checkers game on the couch. Jack seriously wanted to get out all of the checkers at that very moment. See what I mean? Crazy.



Looking into Jack and Sydney's room....notice the bed (that is never made...ever) and the toys that have been drug out.


And this is where it all ends up: the kitchen. While I cook, they destroy.


K-Man's room...aka Babyland. When I'm desperate, I empty all the toys out of the baskets, put both babies on the floor, and leave the room. They either get happy or cry a lot. Either way, supper gets cooked.



Aaaaaand, at the end of the day, this is what's left. A little pile of toys and clothes that I pick up after everyone has gone to bed. I leave it all at the end of the hall by Jack and Syd's room, but I would NEVER attempt to put up their toys after they have gone to sleep. They could wake up. And that's not cool.

So now you have it.....I'm just keepin' it real.

2 comments:

  1. this is great! It's all about living and as the story goes... it will not matter in 30 years if the house was clean and perfect but y'all are making a big difference in the life of your children. Hang in there and keep posting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand where you are coming from. Parenting three little ones is the best thing that has ever happened to me, but sometimes I wonder what I was thinking. I always tell myself that God doesn't give me more than I can handle.

    ReplyDelete