Sunday, February 6, 2011

Prissy Peacock and Scripture Memory

Oh, how I love having a girl!! Dressing her up is a huge highlight of my day....even if it's just casual day care clothes. I bought this outfit for her for Christmas, and until today she refused to wear the hair accessory that goes with it. But today, oh today, I put it on her and she's never been so proud. Clint, on the other hand, refused to carry her into church because he was so embarrassed.

I mean, tell me she doesn't look proud of her appearance.

Yes, it's extravagant. Yes, she looks borderline ridiculous (okay, maybe completely ridiculous). Yes, I love this "headdress" on her so much. I think it really reflects her prissy personality. And one day she'll hate me for putting her in this whole getup.


And, of course, we had to go on and on about how handsome Jack looked today, too.

On another note: One of our goals for this year was to memorize more scripture. I'm one of those people that has to see the scripture written out and say it out loud over and over in order to memorize it. I saw this idea on my friend Melissa's blog. You just frame a piece of scrapbook paper or burlap (super cheap), then write with an Expo marker directly onto the glass. You can easily wipe it off and write again.

We keep our frame on the kitchen table so we'll see it several times a day. It's also great to practice during meal time together!

We pick one verse or passage a week and memorize it together. So far we have done:

Lamentations 3:22-23
2 Corinthians 10:5
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Psalms 51:12-13

It's amazing how memorizing scripture has strengthened our walk with Christ. I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. She is a DOLL! I love the outfit and the "headdress" Haha! And I am definitely stealing that scripture memory idea. :)

    ReplyDelete