Saturday, December 10, 2011

Kitchen Cabinets Done and Living Room Update!

I'm addicted to DIY projects around the house because:

1. it's cheaper than buying new stuff.
2. I like new stuff.
3. it's cheaper than buying new stuff.


So, there you go. Shallow as it gets :)

A while back I started painting the kitchen cabinets and f - i - n - a - l - l - y got them done a few days before Thanksgiving. I love how they turned out! Definitely brightened up the kitchen!!


THEN, my dad bought us a new TV for Christmas. So incredibly excited about it!! I've been wanting a piece of furniture to organize my fabric in (which is a huge catastrophe in the laundry room). So, when we got the TV, I decided that "Stitched" should buy a dresser from the fabulous Melissa Herrington to house the fabric and put the TV on top.


Oh wow. She did an awesome job. The top two drawer fronts were missing on the original piece, so she put baskets up top (which now holds the DVD player and the remotes). We bought a Roku box with the TV, so now we can stream Netflix onto the TV. So much fun!


We had a rocker in the nursery (which has been through THREE babies now), but a six-year-old girl doesn't really need a rocker. So, we moved the rocker to the living room. Three babies does quite a number on upholstery, so I am ambitiously wanting to slipcover the thing before Christmas. Hopefully the tutorial from Pinterest will be enough???




And the cover I've had on the ivory loveseat is in need of replacing, so for $5/yard, it will be a fabulous gold with a great pillow out of the striped fabric.

Hmmmmm....maybe I should get busy?

No comments:

Post a Comment