Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Sydney!






Can't quite believe that Sydney is two!! She can't either...if I call her my "big girl" she corrects me very quickly and says "NO! I'm a baaaaby" Bless her heart!

We decided to not do a real party for her this year. She is just so shy and wouldn't enjoy it, so we had a little party with the five of us. We bought pink balloons, Disney princess cups, gold forks/plates/napkins (Jack thought they were fancy), and Transformer party hats. Poptart insisted that we MUST all wear party hats, and all Walmart had were Transformers.

Jack and Poptart "bought" her sidewalk chalk and a pool floatie, and Clint and I got her some luggage. Yes, we are very boring/practical.

At two years old, Sydney:

- is talking more and more every day! Sometimes we can't believe some of the things she says. Yesterday on our way home from soccer games, she took her socks and shoes off, stuck her feet in Jack's face and said, "Smell my feet!!!" It was so funny!

- is becoming more brave with climbing and being adventurous. Last week Robin kept her for the day and texted me to say that Sydney and Luke climbed to the top bunk to play! She has never attempted that at home, so I'm assuming Luke had a daring effect on her :)

- loves her daddy. It's planting season, so Clint has been working a lot the past few weeks. When he is around, Sydney must have him. If she senses that he is going to run an errand without her she screams " I GO! I GO IN TRUCK!!" She also wakes up very early the mornings he is home so she can eat oatmeal/ talk incessantly during his quiet time!

- wearing 18-24 mo. clothing. Our chunky baby has really slimmed up (some)!

- Learning colors. She knows blue, green, red, and yellow somewhat well. Depends on the day :)

- Makes me so thankful every day for such a sweet, wonderful girl!

1 comment:

  1. I still feel like a "stalker" whenever I read your blog, but I enjoy every word. I started blogging back in January. If you have a chance, check out my blog at www.wetcreek.blogspot.com.
    Always, Miss Mary's (non-family) neighbor Linda

    ReplyDelete