Monday, March 1, 2010

First Outing

Sydney Kaye went for her first outing today! Don't worry, it was just to the doctor's office. It will be a while before I'm comfortable with our little girl out in the world. Dr. Clark said that she looks just perfect. She weighed 6 lbs, 11 oz. So far she has been a dream baby! She sleeps almost all the time and eats perfectly on schedule every three hours. I'm not sure if she's so calm because she was a month early, or if she will really be an easy baby. Only time will tell! For right now, though, I'm loving feeling rested and relaxed.


Here she is in her first "going out" outfit! I enjoyed washing her poofy hair and putting on her clothes!



Her bow in her hair! She doesn't keep it in for long, though.

Jack also started back to daycare today. He was SO EXCITED! I can just imagine him running and telling all his friends about his baby sister and his mommy's bobo on her belly. He came home completely exhausted, but I could tell he had a really fun day.


We told Jack that his job is to keep Sydney safe in the backseat. He takes his job very seriously.



Sydney stayed awake for an entire hour this afternoon! She enjoyed looking around the room in her bouncy seat.



I'm recovering slowly, but surely! It's very hard for me to not be able to drive and do everything I want to do, but I'm learning to depend on help, which is not easy for me. It's also forcing me to stay home and take my time getting back into the swing of things!

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'm so glad you are able to rest and relax. What a blessing! Hope she keeps up the good sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, She is precious. I can't wait to meet her. Call me next time ya'll go to DeRidder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, Sydney is just precious and I am loving the owl outfit! We are so happy for you and the whole family! Just keep relaxing and taking it easy-- you deserve it and it will make recovery go so much quicker than if you overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures and love the hair bows. She's precious. Enjoy your time with her and take it slow. Time flies by and they grow up so fast. Keep posting the pics and hope to see y'all soon.

    ReplyDelete