Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Beginnings

**Blogger won't let me upload pictures....but I had already written everything! I'll try to add pictures later.


Don't you love spring? Everything is turning green and it feels that just anything is possible! Daylight Savings Time is also such a boost of energy. A whole extra hour after we come home from work to play in the yard and enjoy long walks as a family!

This spring seems especially energizing to me! I have so many projects and goals that I cannot wait to get accomplished:

1. The Yard. One of our financial/house projects for the year is to get some green going in our yard. When we moved in, the plants were dead. Last year we planted a few shrubs, but they didn't grow much and then ants ate them. This weekend we tore the dead stuff out and started from scratch! We still need to put in some good soil and mulch and of course, some plants. The Forest Hill Nursery Festival is next weekend and I can't wait to get some plants growing!


2. Spiritual Growth. The first week home from the hospital was spent on painkillers on the couch, feeding Sydney every three hours and watching TLC and HGTV. By the end of the second week home I decided that I was watching entirely too much TV and needed to have some more constructive ways to spend my time. One reason I'm so excited about my time at home for the next five months is that my life just became a lot slower-paced and I can spend more time in God's Word. Even over the past week I have grown so much in my relationship with the Lord. I plan on spending my time until August in "retreat" so when I return to work I will be closer to Jesus (and hopefully more like Him!)


3. Physical fitness. I have a wardrobe of "teacher clothes" that must fit by August. Oh my word.


4. And, of course. A new addition to the family. A new beginning of sleep schedules, first smiles, rolling over, and all things girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment