Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

What a fun, busy Christmas!!

Thursday, December 23rd:

Iles Family Christmas

The boys played a game of flag football. They were so cute huddling up together and chasing each other down. I'm not sure how much they understood about the game of football, but they did understand to get each other's flags!!

Terry organized an Advent candle reflection time where the boys (with the help of their parents/grandparents) read Scripture pointing us towards the birth of Christ. It was such a special time.


We then ate a wonderful meal set on a beautiful table!!


Then...presents!! You can imagine how fun it is with six grandchildren four and under. Whew!! The kids (including Sydney and K-Man) loved opening presents and we are having so much fun at home with all of our new toys!!


Friday, December 24th:

Our Family Christmas
We went to the Christmas Eve service, and we left 25 minutes into it!! K-Man was sleepy and Jack was restless....it's hard to handle three kids in a service!

Christmas Eve we opened our gifts, then tucked into bed to see what surprises lay ahead for the morning!

Clint got me this column-plant-holder thingy from the local art store in Alexandria. I love it! Right now I have some paperwhites growing, but I'm looking forward to putting different indoor plants on it.

Christmas morning Jack woke up to a new bike and a dump truck! He was so thrilled. Sydney and K-Man didn't have any big gifts on Christmas morning, but they did have stockings full of goodies, including Fruit Puffs and teething toys.

Sydney loves her new dolls!

Jack loves the babies' toys almost as much as his own.

Saturday, December 25th:

LaFitte Family Christmas

We loaded up Christmas morning and headed to DeRidder to have Christmas with my family. My grandparents were in, so it was good to have a house-ful!

Jack got a Hot Wheels race track and some cars from GiGi. He LOVES it! We have it set up on the rug in his room right now, which is off-limits to babies (which he is loving, also). I think the grown men enjoyed putting it together as much as Jack enjoys playing with it!

Sydney and K-Man got a load of new clothes, which they both needed. Thanks, everyone!

After supper we headed to my dad's house and spent some time with him. All three kids were being so difficult and were very tired, so we only stayed for a little while (and I think everyone was glad to see us go...ha!)

**Blogger won't let me upload any more pics...I"ll try again later***

Today we relaxed around the house and organized and cleaned. I'm taking down Christmas stuff just as fast as I can - I always feel back to normal when my house is back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment