Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Baby

For those of you who have been waiting on an update, sorry this has taken me a week! With a 7 month old, a 10 month old, and a 3 year old in the house, things have gotten a little crazy and the blog has not made the priority list. Ha!

I received an email at school last Friday at lunch from our home development worker that just said "Call me." I immediately knew it was about a placement. I called her while my 7th period was playing Human Body Bingo (don't tell) and she told me about a 7 month old boy that was needing a temporary placement for about two - three months. I told her that I would have to check with day care and call Clint and I would call her back. The baby was on his way from Baton Rouge (where he was placed previously) to Alexandria and they were trying to find a home for him by the time he made it to Alexandria. Calvary Day Care had an opening, so I called back and said that we'll take him! Jack had a Christmas party at 3:00, so by the time we made it home it was almost 4:00 and the foster care worker and the baby were waiting in the driveway.

We had a family wedding in Dry Creek in which Jack was the ring bearer, so we had to leave the house by 4:30 to make it there on time for the rehearsal. So, we took everything from the foster care worker's car into our car and headed to Dry Creek!

We will call the baby K-Man on the blog and of course I will not be able to share any of his personal information because of confidentiality reasons (and of course that's his business and I'm sure he would appreciate later in his life if the whole world didn't know his business). He is the sweetest baby and we have loved him being a part of our family. It's been an adjustment having two children that don't walk yet (!!) but we are learning to stay at home more and stay on a good schedule.

The plan is for K-Man to be able to go back home in a few months. Of course that timeline is dependent on several things. He could easily be with us for a longer or shorter period of time.

Please pray for K-Man, that he would continue to be healthy and happy. Pray for his family, as they make necessary changes to get their baby back and be a successful family. Pray for us as we raise a third child, even if it's just for a while.


Sydney and K-Man playing. They really do play well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment