Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm SO in trouble

Quick story mainly for myself because I don't want to forget it :)

We were at Target today and strolled through the shoe aisle (who doesn't?) and saw this precious pair of baby girl sandals. Sydney happened to be barefoot, so I put the sandals on her feet. She grinned and laughed and was down right giddy about her feet in those shoes. She would smile at me and say "look!" and point to her feet. Well, the sandals were over priced, impractical, and looked VERY uncomfortable to walk in. So, I took the sandals back off and put them on the shelf.

I wasn't expecting her reaction.

She looked panicked, screamed MOOMMMMYYYYY and was reaching for the sandals. Her face scrunched up, turned deep red, and she let out a wail and a furious grunt all while reaching desperately for the sandals.

We walked away, her screaming and pleading with her eyes and me explaining to a FIFTEEN-MONTH-OLD that those sandals were not in our budget and would not match very many outfits.

Who IS this kid???

No comments:

Post a Comment