Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's Next

K-Dawg has been home for over a month now. His mother has full custody of him and we are rejoicing for their family.

We have enjoyed our time as "just the four of us." We have seen Jack off to school, taken three out of town mini-trips, enjoyed my sister's wedding, spent a lot of time with family, and Clint and I have spent two nights without kids.

I feel caught up on seven months of sleep deprivation, and I've lost the muscle tone I gained while totting around two heavy babies :) Heck, I've gained weight...seems I shouldn't eat like I did when I was chasing after three kids - ha!

We feel rested, rejuvenated, refreshed, and ready.

So, what's next? We have agreed to open our home after the middle of September, so we'll call the state department and tell them to put us back on the "call list." And the prayerful waiting will begin! We will probably receive many calls about various children, and we will have to seek the Lord's guidance about each child. Over the summer I have received several different "girl" items, like bedding, older girls' clothing, etc. Maybe our next placement is a girl? Who knows?

All I know is that we are doing what the Lord has called us to do. And it is exciting.

I read this blog post today, and I could closely identify. I continually have to remind myself that hard times are coming. The sleep deprivation will reoccur, and the busyness of this family will surely increase.

But Jesus is in this, and I am at peace.

Thank you all for your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment