Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Day of PreK!!

Can you believe my son is old enough for school?? (I really need to quit saying that...)

Jack went for his first day on Friday. He was very nervous all the way there. I made the mistake of explaining teacher's discipline procedures to him the night before, so all the way to school he was very worried about getting on "yellow." He trotted right up to his teacher, took her hand, and walked into school like a big boy!!

During the day, Sydney absolutely loved having me all to herself. We went to Target to shop for some embroidery orders, and she just smiled at me and looked at clothes. She was so sweet. She was very excited to pick Jack up from school. When she saw him, she squealed and laughed.

When Jack got in the car, he told us about his friends (he couldn't remember any names), how they did exercises (P.E.), and his favorite part of the day was playing with the pretend kitchen. He said he cooked pizza and washed the dishes.

We are excited about the opportunity for building relationships with families in the public school system. On the way to school, I prayed with Jack about his first year of school, that he would be an ambassador for Christ in his classroom. I also prayed that Clint and I would be intentional about making friends with other parents.

"Go ye therefore...." into the public school system.

Here we go!

2 comments: