Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Jack/Sydney Room Merger

Jack and Sydney will be sharing a room and Sydney's nursery will become the foster care room. We'll be getting the furniture next week from my friend Melissa. I can't wait to see it!!

Turning Sydney's nursery into the foster care room has possibly been one of the hardest parts of this whole decision for me! I spent so much time planning, decorating, and shopping for my little girl's nursery. I keep reminding myself that in the huge scheme of eternity, pink nurseries are so minor. "Set your mind on things above..." So far I've held my emotions together, but when we paint over the pink walls the tears might start to flow. Ha!

We got rid of the recliner and bookcase in Jack's room, which left half the room empty. Today we'll move in Sydney's furniture and tonight they'll be sleeping in the same room. Scary!!!

Once we get everything finished, I'll post more pictures, but this is what we've gotten done for now!

First, we got both of their things in one closet. All of their outgrown clothes went to the attic, and I got baskets for Sydney's "to-be-grown-into" clothes for the top of the closet. Sydney's drawers fit in nicely, and I don't feel that the closet is chaotic at all!




Secondly, we moved Jack's toy chest to the foster care room. It will store extra bedding and toys for that child at the foot of his/her twin bed. We bought these cubical things at Lowe's and the baskets to go with them. All of the toys fit very nicely we still have plenty of extra room in them! Clint and Jack have been collecting nature items over the past couple of years. We have never had a place to display all of the turtle shells, bird wings, beaver sticks, and cool pinecones, but now we do, and they're out of Jack's reach! I love the way this turned out.

1 comment:

  1. it's so neat to watch/read ya'lls story and the journey God is taking ya'll on. I'm praying for ya'll and your kids and your foster children.

    ReplyDelete