Friday, August 13, 2010

Last Week of Summer!

We have tried to soak up this last week of summer. I didn't take nearly enough pictures, though. I have been home since February, and it doesn't seem real that my time to go back to work is here!

How do I feel about that, you ask?

Ask me next week.

Right now, I'm pretty pumped to get back in a routine and teach teenagers every day. I've seen my rosters and I have some great kids this year! I really do love high school students. They are hilarious, even when they don't know it!

Today Jack, Sydney, and I went to day care and met their teachers. Jack was excited to see his friends from last year and his teachers are wonderful. Sydney, on the other hand, is severely attached to her momma and will have a hard time. We'll get through it, though!

Soooo...for our last week of summer.....

Monday: Ate at Little Cakes. Jack wanted a brown cupcake with snow (translation: chocolate with coconut)



Tuesday: Played at Jump 'n Jive with Emma Walker.

Wednesday: Drove to DeRidder and ate lunch with GiGi.
Doesn't Sydney look like such a big girl sitting in the high chair??


Thursday: Got my haircut (boring for kids, necessary for me), checked out our new Sunday School rooms at Calvary Woodworth, and Alice' babysat while Clint and I went to MAPP (foster care) training.

Friday: Went to day care and met the new teachers, went to my school and mingled with some students at freshmen orientation, put together some organizational furniture for the Jack/Sydney room merger (more on that soon), and ate BJ's pizza with Uncle Bill and Aunt Budda.


It's been an awesome six months at home, and I'm looking forward to an incredible school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment