Sunday, April 10, 2011

Four Years Old!

A year ago I remember crying to God and asking Him to send me some friends in Alexandria. I was so "homesick" for Starkville and my friends there and felt so alone in Alexandria. At the same moment that I was praying, Kathy called and asked if we wanted to go to the park. I remember praising God for his immediate answer to my prayer! Now, a year later, God has immensely blessed us with so many friends in Alexandria and Woodworth. I looked around at the fifteen or so families that came to celebrate Jack's birthday yesterday and was overwhelmed by God's work in our lives.

Jack had a football themed birthday party and it was a blast!! We borrowed tackling dummies from ASH football and Clint set up a little relay for the kids to run through. Of course they also had a blast on the playground and just running around chasing each other.

The weather was perfect and the kids played wonderfully together. I just want to bottle up that day and carry it with me always. A truly perfect day.

On his birthday morning...only six more weeks of getting up so early!!




Everyone admiring his water guns!


Leave me alone!!






Jack and Abigail hung out all afternoon. Abigail's seven-year-old sister, Madison, thinks they're in love.

Jack and Uncle Drew


The babies!!

2 comments:

  1. I heard about someone having a football party with tackling dummies, but I didn't know it was you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe he's 4!! Looks like it was a fun party!! :)

    ReplyDelete