Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Taking the Plunge

Well, it's official:

I'm not returning to ASH next year.

It's a decision that we've been mulling over all school year, and a few weeks ago we decided to make it final. I spoke with my principal and he was so understanding and quite wonderful about the whole thing.

Reasons:

1. Actually, there's just one reason. I couldn't take it anymore :) I love ASH. I love my students, my fellow teachers, and my administration. I love my subject area and the enthusiasm and long-term affect it had on student career choices.

But I was so tired. And so stressed out. All. the. time. I could not do my day-time job 100% and do my family job 100%. Something had to give. It was a very hard decision, but I'm relieved that it has been made.

So, here we go on a new adventure! I am excited to see how God will work in our family through this decision, because I know He can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.

4 comments:

  1. good for you amanda! enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow stay at home mom I think you staying home is an AWESOME idea!! You are gonna love it! We have meetups almost every day to meet with moms and Ness can play with his "friends". Stay at home mom is the perfect job! Oh and you can sew during nap time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best idea ever!! I loved my year at home with Ginger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so appreciate you and what you have done at ASH! We will miss you; I am sad that Andrew won't have the opportunity to learn from you BUT your kiddos will only be little once!

    ReplyDelete