Thursday, August 4, 2011

Campbell's Soup, Anyone?

I brought the kids to the library today (free way to beat the heat!!) and Jack played games on the computer while Sydney bee-bopped around the children's section. She pulled books off shelves, tried to run away from me, laughed hysterically when I tried to catch her, and basically made a scene (but a cute one) in the otherwise quiet library. There is a glass-enclosed office that overlooks the children's section with several stern librarians to ensure the quiet nature of the library. I made Jack pick four books - he pulled the first four he could get off the shelf to appease me - then we headed for checkout. As we were leaving, one of the ladies in the "stern, quiet office" stopped me and said, "Excuse me, but has anyone ever told you that your daughter looks like the Campbell's Soup baby?" She handed me a picture that she and the other ladies had just printed out.

I'll give you a second to process this....

Isn't that hysterical???




And here's my little soup girl...

2 comments:

  1. loved this, and loved the pictures of Sydney. And the campbell soup dates me, I loved eating campbell soup on Sunday nites and watching Lassie Come Home. They advertised campbell soup during that show and I had to eat that. Lol, it's funny how this brought that memory back to me. Also one of the little girls that was a flower girl in our wedding was called the campbell soup girl back in 1976. Keep taking pictures of Jack and Sydney, I love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete