Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nicknames

I have always called my kids random nicknames. Not really in public, but around the house they earn all sorts of names. Jack was "Cricket" for the first few months of his life, Sydney is "Boopsie." If you have to ask why, you've never met her.

Other names we throw around:

Summer lovin' (either kid)
Waverunner (Jack's personal fav)
Squishy (Sydney, of course)
Boppy
Loopy



Clint and I don't have nicknames for each other. For some reason, that's weird to me. But calling my daughter "Squishy" doesn't seem strange at all....

Anyway, Jack has caught onto me calling them off-the-wall names here and there and has started calling me funny names.

For example, the other day I was in the kitchen and I called his name, and he said, "What do you need, Spooky?" I should have corrected him, but I was stifling laughter, so I let it go. I probably should have held it together and told him that he should just call me "Mommy," because now I may be referred to as any number of names, such as...

Smuffy
Snookie
Spunky

Well, it went on for a couple of days, until at the supper table, Jack referred to me as "Swoopy" and Clint didn't find it quite as endearing as I did. He's the stronger disciplinarian. Oops.

Aren't you glad for that little peak into our home? We're normal, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment