Monday, September 14, 2009

$3.00 Shirt



If you haven't already noticed, I'm really just going to keep up with this one blog now. I'll blog about family life, pregnancy, sewing, and whatever else comes up. I teach at Alexandria Senior High and this year we are #5 in the state for football. It's so fun to see the athlete's names in the paper and hear their name on the radio and think "Hey! He's in fifth period...great kid!" Well, one football player, Imoan, calls Jack his little brother. And Jack basks in the glory of it all. Every Friday we go watch the football players load the school bus and Imoan scoops Jack up into his arms and let him drink some of his gatorade and gives him high-fives. I love that Jack has a little connection to those boys...and I hope those boys realized what a big impact they make on little boys all over Alexandria.

Well, Jack needed a football shirt to wear to the ASH vs. Pineville game Friday. There are no ASH t-shirts for toddlers anywhere in Alexandria, and to special order one would be at least $20. Not happening. So, at the suggestion of a friend, I'm making him an appliqued shirt!

Now, I am not great at applique, and I'm a little concerned that this shirt is going to look "homemade" when I'm done with it. Oh well. The shirt was $3 at Walmart and I had all the other materials to make it. I think it looks pretty darn cute so far! I'll post again when it's done. For now I'm going to watch "Everybody Hates Chris" on Nick and Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment