Saturday, September 19, 2009

Boy or Girl?

Many people have asked me if I want another boy or a girl. I'm really not sure! I guess that's a good thing because I will be excited no matter what.

Having a girl: Of course...shopping for a girl! The dresses, the bows, the shoes. Oh my goodness. The crib bedding, the nursery, the sewing to do! I drool over girl fabric at Hobby Lobby. Then, there's the grown up girl! A shopping buddy, chick-flick watcher, crafting companion, and ballet dancer. Prom dress shopping, WEDDING dress shopping, and talking about boys. Very, very fun.

Having a boy: Let's face it. Boys are so much fun!! I love that Jack is obsessed with sports and the outside. He is so low maintenance when it comes to clothes, which is great for the budget. I've had a blast with Jack this week getting his haircut, going to the football game, and playing basketball in the living room. I would love for Jack to have a brother to grow up with. Plus, I think I'm probably a better mom for a son than a daughter. I really don't deal well with drama.

So, what do I think I'm having?? Another boy. I don't know why, that's just my gut feeling. If I do have another boy, this would be the 7th Iles boy in a row. Clint and his brothers say they're building a dynasty. Give me a break...ha!

Then, on another note...something has to give at some time, right? I mean, you can't just have THAT many boys in a row in a family, right?? So, maybe it IS a girl.

Names we have picked out:

Girl: Sydney Kaye. Done. No doubt about it.
Boy: John Garrett and Scott Clinton are the two we like right now.

My 14 week appointment is Monday. I'll update then!

2 comments:

  1. well here goes amanda. natalie was NO trouble with all the girly stuff. she was pretty low maintenance like daniel. girls are great too......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course girls are great, too! That's why I said I'd be excited either way. I've just really had a fun week with Jack and it made me realize how much I love having another boy. I'm looking forward to finding out what the baby is!

    ReplyDelete