Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Home Improvements



We have been busy around the house this summer and still have several projects to go as we get ready for the new baby! From past experience, I know that I'd better get any house projects I want done now, because next spring and summer will be filled with getting to know our new addition! I'll do a different post for each project as we move along. First up...KITCHEN!


We bought our first home back in December and I have been trying to figure out how to improve our kitchen ever since. The walls are dark red and has wood cabinets and wood floors. I finally figured out that it has just too much in the "red" category!
We are painting the kitchen "Lemon Verbena" this weekend. It's actually a green color. You can see the sample sloppily painted on the wall in one of the pictures.

Also, I never could decide just what to do above the kitchen table, until I saw this...



I found some botanical prints on Ebay. $14 for a set of 8. I'm going to buy some simple frames at Hobby Lobby this week. Won't that look fabulous!? I'm so excited!!

Another project for updating the kitchen was to make some cushions for this church pew my grandparents gave us in the spring. We found the cushions at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $5 a piece, then I made the pillows for the back this weekend. I can't wait to see it against our new green wall!

No comments:

Post a Comment