Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Ahhhhhh...the joys of a long weekend. This school year we had four whole weeks of school before Labor Day! Four weeks is a long time to work without a break. Yes, I know I'm a spoiled 9-month school employee. However, 20 straight school days with seniors staring at you like you must be the stupidest person on earth is QUITE a long time.

This weekend started off with a bang! Calvary Day Care called me at school at 2:30 to say that Jack had a 103.3 fever!!! I rushed over there and rushed Jack to the doctor's office. It isn't strep or the flu. They think it's mycoplasma - the bacteria that causes "walking pneumonia." Six hours and $120 later Jack is sound asleep with only a 100 degree fever. For now.



Jack taking his breathing treatments. He looks a little "under the influence"


Happy Jack earlier this week with chocolate all over his face. Why did I give him a candy bar in his carseat?? I'll never learn...

Did "walking pneumonia" stop our weekend plans of painting?? No, sir! One of us would lay on the couch with him and watch TV while the other painted away (using non-VOC baby friendly paint, I might add). After Jack went down we stayed up until 11:00 getting the primer done. Sherwin Williams tinted the primer for us, so the color you see is actually a couple shades lighter than the finished product. I'll update at the end of the weekend with our completed kitchen! I still need to make the curtains and frame the botanical prints that came in today. Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment