Saturday, January 9, 2010

Random Updates

It's been cold here in Alexandria! We hit a record 16 degrees yesterday, but Rapides Parish was still in school. Honestly, I was thrilled because I don't think I could take a whole day of not being able to go outside with Jack. I don't hibernate very well! I'm very ready for it to warm up. Our dog is miserable, and I'm miserable with her inside and whining all night. Last night either Clint or I were up every 2-3 hours to get her quiet or let her potty. I seriously felt like we had a newborn in the house! If it weren't so darn cold, I would have kicked her back outside with no regrets.

Pregnancy update: Here are the ultrasounds from 26 and 30 weeks. My placenta previa (click on term to get medical description) is still being classified as "complete" so I get to see precious Sydney every four weeks! She is a very active baby, so they have a hard time getting any good pictures of her face. We'll try again at 34 weeks! Thank goodness for great insurance or we would have racked up some serious ultrasound bills by now. Sydney looks great and they even saw some fuzzy hair growing! As for me, I feel great and I'm starting to get anxious about the end of the pregnancy. I'll have a C-section at 38 weeks, and we'll pray for no drama before that...ha!

26 weeks: I wanted them to make sure that she was, in fact, a girl. She is!



30 weeks:



Jack update: I must admit that I've been a terrible mother this week. We've been coming home from school and bundling up on the couch and watching cartoons a lot. It's just too cold to go do anything around town or outside. Wednesday we went to Books-a-Million and I read a book while he played with trains. Other than that, it's been blankets and Mickey.


My birthday is on the 20th, and I've reminded Clint many times through emails, texts, and notes that I really wanted this cookbook. I guess he got tired of hearing about it, so he gave it to me yesterday! I'm planning on copying Whitney's idea, (which is really from Julie and Julia) and cooking every recipe in the book during 2010! This morning I cooked "Eggs in a Hole" and they were fabulous. Just fabulous. I will be making them again.


So there, you're updated with nothing exciting. I'll try to do better of taking pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment