Friday, January 1, 2010

Decade in Review

I saw this on someone else's blog and thought it was a great way to record what God has done in my life over the past ten years. It was fun to sit down and let the memories flood in! I encourage you to do this, also.

2000
* Played soccer on the very first DHS soccer team. Had a blast with Misti, Melissa, and Robyn.
* Got my driver's license and went down the wrong way on a one-way the very first day.
* Went to prom with Jared and thought I was hot stuff.
* Dated this guy named Heath. My dad told me not to....I should have listened.
* Lifeguarded at West Park Pool with Robyn, Christian, Jared, and Josh. This is where I became addicted to Diet Coke.
* Went to Honduras for two weeks with Robin Pollard and groups from FBC DeRidder and a church in Mississippi. Thought I was in love with a Honduran named Memo.
* Gained weight and signed up for cross country.
* Went to homecoming with Matt Young. Best "friend date" ever!

2001
* Played lots of tennis and soccer.
* Went to a weekend retreat at Dry Creek Baptist Camp and met a really nice guy who was using a cane from a recently broken hip.
* Went to YEC and visited with friends in that youth group just to try and talk to that guy.
* FBC DeRidder youth group was having problems and my parents agreed to let me go to Dry Creek Baptist Church on Wednesday nights because Britney Glaser was there.
* Asked the nice guy to prom and he said yes.
* Was a staffer at DCBC.
* Clint and I started dating that summer.
* Went to a Halloween party not knowing there would be alcohol. Beer bottle busted through Clint's dad's truck window. Try explaining that to Curt and DeDe.
* Went through some awful family stuff. Glad I wasn't alone through it all.
* Got on homecoming court and my best friend Courtney won queen.
* Hit a teacher in the parking lot.

2002
* Still played lots of tennis. Went to state and made it to the quarterfinals.
* Went to DHS and EBHS proms with Clint.
* Made a decision about college - How 'Bout them Dawgs!
* Clint decided on Louisiana College.
* Was a staffer at DCBC again that summer; Clint went to South Carolina as a summer missionary.
* Started school at Tech.
* Broke up with Clint and ate lots of ice cream. Thought my life was over.
* Got back with him 3 weeks later and knew I'd marry him.
* Had lots of fun times with Katie, Corinne, and Ashley that I'll never forget.
* Survived Ghetto Graham.
* Changed my major twice.

2003
* Changed my major again.
* Took many trips to LC and Clint to Tech. Thank goodness Adam Terry had an apartment where Clint stayed many weekends.
* Clint decided to transfer to Tech.
* We both decided to go to South Carolina. I went to Beaufort and he went to Greenville. We still didn't see each other all summer.
* Went to Colorado and hiked miles and miles.
* Moved into the Winona house with Courtnie, Susan, Ashley, and Ashley. Fun times were had.
* Thought I was getting a ring for Christmas.

2004
* Got engaged.
* Agonized over school and wedding details.
* Moved home for the summer and worked at Beauregard Memorial Hospital as a phlebotomist. Had no idea what I was doing.
* Got married and honeymooned to Seaside, FL.
* Moved into an awful apartment and adjusted to life with a boy.
* Worked at LaTech School of Forestry. Kept trying to quit, but they kept giving me raises.

Check back later with the second half of the decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment