Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Worth It

Clint is smack in the middle of planting season, which means he has been working 12-15 hours/day, 6 days a week. AAHH!! One of the hard things for me about planting season is that we don't have a meal where we all sit down together. We have been picking up quick meals here and there, mainly because I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and teach all day and don't feel like cooking when I get home. However, tonight I said ENOUGH! I wanted a wholesome meal and I wanted us all to eat together! I started cooking at 4:30 and didn't we didn't sit down to eat until Clint got home at 6:30. Although I can't seem to find my ankles, it was so worth it! A nice meal that we all ate together. AND there's leftovers for tomorrow.


Happy (Sunburnt, Overworked) Husband


The Delicious Meal

Other news:

I went to sharedbook.com and had our blog from 2007 published into a hardcover book. I refuse to scrapbook and can't even seem to print out pictures, so now I have a record of our adventures from 2007! I plan to do 2008 and 2009 over the next couple of months. It literally took 5 minutes to get it done. Perfect!


Also...monogrammed diaper bag!! I found a great deal at Life's Little Treasures and I'm very pleased with the results. Girly, but not over-the-top pink.


Jack. We went to the doctor yesterday because he's been waking up struggling for breath. Diagnosis: Croup (doesn't that sound like the 1800's??) He doesn't have to have medication, though. Just sleep with the humidifier and it should go away! I wanted to get it all checked out before Sydney gets here. We took pictures in the doctor's office to make the wait go by faster.


Pregnancy: 2 weeks left of work and 5 weeks left until she arrives! My belly is rather...huge. Today I was walking in the hallway at school going to lunch and I heard this "moo-ing" sound. I thought that surely it was my imagination. But then I heard a group of boys laughing and the "moo-ing" sound came again, loud and clear. Needless to say, I confronted the boy that was doing the horrible sound and found out his name and wrote him up to the office. Teenage boys shouldn't mess with me right now. I'm cranky. It was the funniest office referral I can ever imagine writing: Student "mooed" at me in the hallway.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda,
    I love your post and I thank you for sharing. Such a great idea for the book for your blog. I wished they would have that with Adam and Amie, but I can do this for Maddie. Also I love your bag from Life's Little Treasures. Great little shop, Amie found a couple of dresses for Maddie there last week.
    And about the mooing comment. When I was pregnant with Amie, one of my good friends asked me to stand beside the coke machine and to see if I was larger or smaller than the machine. Yes, he's still a good friend today and I can laugh now but I was not laughing that day. Hope your next few weeks pass quickly and that you and Clint get a little rest before Sydney Kaye makes her debut. Also hope that Jack is feeling better.
    Aunt Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you wrote that terd up! I did LOL at your cow picture, though...

    p.s. That plate of food looks like Cracker Barrel...go ahead girl

    ReplyDelete