Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

We've had quite a busy weekend! Of course, I didn't take nearly enough pictures.

Thursday: Grandaddy came over to hunt with Clint. He spent the night with us Thursday and he and Clint hunted on Friday. Nope, they didn't even hear anything.

Good Friday: Jack and I spent the morning planting flowers in pots by the front door, which is our Good Friday tradition. This is such a special time for us as we pick out flowers and drive trucks through the potting soil. It's also a time when we can have conversations about what Good Friday really is about - the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.



On Friday we also had a visit from Clint's Aunt JoAnn and Uncle Lawrence. We then went to DeRidder and ate crawfish with my family. It was wonderful! I forgot to take pictures, though!

Saturday: We had a great day of working in the yard and cooking for Sunday's meal. PawPaw and Dee came by on their way home from Harrisonburg. Dee helped me with sugar cookies and Jack showed them the eggs we dyed.

Sunday: We gave Jack his Easter basket, and he LOVED all the candy. A little too much. We had to hide it in our room! Sydney got a bunny from my grandparents, and as you can see...she was thrilled.



Clint had to run cameras at the 9:30 service at church, so I had to get the kids ready by myself. Not an easy task! Sydney had a bonnet with her dress, but she threw a royal fit when I put it on her. I finally got her to calm down and got her in her car seat, then realized I never took a picture of her. I'll get her dressed up again sometime this week and just fake an Easter picture. I'm terrible, I know. Jack, on the other hand, loved getting his picture taken this morning and kept suggesting different poses for the camera. The Ham.

For this picture he said, "Take one with my motorcycle, Mommy!"


I feel terrible that I didn't get a good picture of Sydney in her beautiful dress, but this morning I was proud to just get them both out of the door and at church on time! I'll post a picture later this week. We can pretend, right?

Jenn, Drew, Laura, and Bob all came up for church and lunch afterward. We loved having them! I enjoyed cooking and setting the table....no pictures. Laura and Bob stayed for a while this afternoon and played with Jack. He loves them!

We had a great day of celebrating Jesus' resurrection. He is risen, He is risen indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! Carson wore the exact same outfit as Jack today for Easter. I guess great mom's think alike or thanks Children's Place!

    ReplyDelete