Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm No Grandma

**Update: I got my squares laid out. Look below!

I have a new obsession...one that doesn't cost a lot and I can do while staying inside with a newborn.

QUILTING!

Yes, I know it sounds very senior-adult-like. But, don't be fooled! It's the "new" thing to do!

I found a book at Hobby Lobby yesterday that has all sorts of beginner quilts with pictures of
quilts made with modern fabrics.



I decided to do a blue/green/brown quilt. I bought some fabrics, and used some scraps I already had.



So, I have my work cut out for me (sorry...that was terrible. I couldn't resist).



***Update: Sydney and I went walking and she fell asleep for two hours, so I kept on working! Here are my four big squares and the border laid out. Now I have to sew them all together. Whew! Now I'd better pick it all up before the crazy three-year-old comes home and we have a disaster on our hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment