Tuesday, April 6, 2010

When it rains....

Truth be told, I mainly write this blog for myself. I can have it printed and bound in a hardback book for $30 and Voila! An entire year's worth of memories recorded forever. Easy!!

So, one day I will look back on Spring 2010 and laugh really hard. I'm sure I will. Today I'm not laughing :)

Let's back up to the beginning of February. Clint was in the middle of planting season and I was awfully pregnant. I had the fleeting thought that Rudy was probably entering a heat cycle and I should go get her spayed. I should have known that putting it off was a bad idea. I have a degree in animal science, for heaven's sakes. Well, one night at the beginning of February I heard this awful racket outside in the middle of the night. I ran out there and found a tomcat. I came back in, got in bed, and told Clint that Rudy just got pregnant. Lovely....


Throughout the month of February, Dr. Manuel kept a close eye on me because of my placenta previa. Every time I went to see him that month he moved the delivery up another few days. He told me to stay relaxed and to stay off my feet as much as possible. Not so easy to do when you're a teacher, you have an almost-three-year-old, and your husband is working 80 hours a week. So, on February 21st, I'm just trying to do laundry and the washer breaks. Of course I get all stressed out and mad at Clint (I thought he broke it...oops) and the contractions come on strong. Which led to this....

Which then led to this...

Because I have some hormonal issues and Sydney was in the NICU getting supplemented with formula like crazy, we're having to pay out the wazoo for this...
After two long weeks of calling different repairmen and those repairmen ordering wrong parts, the washer finally got fixed...
But then the next week, Clint hit Flapper with the Explorer. She had to have her leg amputated and she stayed in the laundry room for two weeks. I kept her pretty well doped up, as you can see...

Flapper is better now and living life outside again, the washer is fixed, Sydney is growing healthy and strong on formula and I've dealt with the emotional side of not breastfeeding, so there was only one thing left to worry about. You guessed it...

Rudy had the kittens. Four furry little tabby kittens. In our closet. Again....lovely. She won't let me move them to the laundry room. I've tried and she has a total meltdown and actually carries them back to the closet herself.

Actually, I lied earlier. I am laughing now...it all is quite funny when you think about it!!

Now, here are some blessings:
1. Getting the washer fixed was free.
2. We got a tax refund check.
3. My/Sydney's hospital bill was $46,000 and we paid $300.
4. I'm home for six months and not taking a paycut. Thank you short-term disability.
5. Sydney was out of the NICU after only five days.
6. I'm fully recovered and feeling normal again.
7. Clint is done with planting season and back to his normal work schedule.
8. The yard is green and the weather is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment