Thursday, April 29, 2010

Million Dollar Smile

Sydney is now "socially smiling"! It took us a while (and more than a little worrying from me) to get her here! She is just such a laid back baby, and sleeps so much, so it took a little longer for her to see the point in smiling. Now she smiles all the time and it makes this mommy feel so good! She especially smiles when Jack or Clint is in the room.

I finished the quilt! We are calling it "Park 2010" and will take it on our adventures this spring and summer, so look for it!


Yesterday we took the quilt to the Splash Park. We met up with several fabulous moms and their broods of children. The older kids had a blast (a freezing blast) playing in the water and jungle gyms while the babies and moms hung out on blankets and talked for two hours. It was a wonderful time.

And, I conquered a cooking fear yesterday. I made my first meringue pie. When I took this picture it was BEAUTIFUL!! And, by this morning it was weeping like it lost its best friend. Sigh. Oh well, it tastes like heaven. Ask Clint. He's eaten a lot of it.

Last....Jack's summer haircut. I brought him in and said, "Seriously...cut it SHORT." She took me seriously.

1 comment:

  1. That smile is definitely worth a million bucks! At least! So sweet

    ReplyDelete