Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Too Big for a Nap?

I knew this day would come. I would see mothers with older children and think, "One day that will be me. How in the world do they do that?"

No nap.

Not a minute.

About a month ago Jack started dropping his nap time. He would lay in bed and talk and sing for up to two hours, but never sleep. I would let him get up after he lay down for at least an hour, and he would be happy and easy to deal with until bedtime. That's when I realized that he may not need a nap anymore. If we go swimming or bike riding in the morning, sometimes he will nap for a while, but if we don't do anything strenuous, he just doesn't need one!!

I tried making him take a nap, but after two hours of spankings and frustrations on both ends, I gave up. It's not worth it. (I would give him a spanking for not laying on his pillow...I would never spank him for just not going to sleep...)

Yes, I have mourned the loss of nap time. It's a little overwhelming, knowing that I will not have one.single.minute of quiet during the day. Even if I make him play in his room by himself or lay on the couch for some rest time, he's still awake. He still needs me.

So, today we went to Target to look for a Father's Day gift and I noticed Jack being very quiet....
Stinker.



Sydney was wide awake after her 3 1/2 hour nap (and her 11 hour night of sleep) I told you she's an angel baby.





Also, Jack and I have been playing tennis together! He is starting to get the hang of hitting the ball with the racquet. I joined the Courtyard for the summer and after I run on the treadmill, I go get Jack and we play tennis or swim while I leave Sydney for a while longer. It has been perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment