Sunday, January 5, 2014

2013 ReCap

I got hopelessly behind on the blog in 2013, so I finally just gave up. It was a busy busy year, but I would like to recap so I don't forget it!

1. Clint's parents left for Uganda. I have missed them so much lately. We are thankful for Skype, emails, Viber, and all the other wonderful technological/social media connections we have!



2. We bought another house! Yay for more square footage and a better yard for kids!

3. We worked on the house. For months. Until we thought we would die. Not really, but it was kind of awful. We have made lots of changes and we are content to just leave it be for a while. Although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if an appliance or two went out and I could usher 1986 out of my home  :)







4. Foster care placement and heartache. We got a baby girl foster placement in October 2012 - July 2013. She came to us as a preadoptive placement, but we knew fairly quickly that we would not be able to adopt her. We loved her very much and I miss her so!! The kids miss her, too. We were able to see her on Saturday for the first time in almost six months. It was so good to see her. The kids miss her so much! She is now in a home with her sister, and being well taken care of. This is the main reason I didn't blog last year. Everything about her case was in turmoil, and I just couldn't bring myself to write about anything in our lives, because she was such a big part of it.

3. We found out we were pregnant in March! We were thrilled. We had hoped for another baby for a year or so, but we didn't know if Baby #3 would ever be a reality.

6. We had a baby girl - Ellen Elisabeth Iles. She has been such a blessing to us. The kids adore her, and Clint and I think she is just the sweetest thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment