Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Story of Ellen Elisabeth

I'm still catching up from the Great Blog Neglect of 2013. I have to document the story of our little Ellen!  She was due November 12, but we went in on November 5 for an induction. We got there at 5am all ready to go! We were so excited! However, when we got there, the hospital didn't have any rooms in L&D. They had so many walk-ins during the night that they couldn't induce. I was given the choice to come back the next day, or have a c-section at noon that day. I decided to go ahead with the c-section that day. It was likely that I would end up with a section anyway, and I was ready to meet my Ellen!

Last pregnancy picture!!


                                                            Right after she was born!



                                                             Daddy and his new little baby girl


                                   Jack holding her for the first time, and Sydney waiting on her turn!




                                                One of my favorite pictures of my girls.



                                                       One of our first days home...she looks so skinny!



              At one month, Ellen was sleeping for four-five hours at night, becoming more alert during the day


At two months, Ellen is sleeping 6-7 hours at a time at night, smiling all the time, and loving to play on the floor. She smiles very big at her siblings, and stares adoringly at her daddy. She is taking Zantac for some really bad reflux, and still having to sleep in her Rock and Play to help keep the formula down. I'm hoping in the next month we can get the reflux under control and she can learn to sleep in her crib. I started back to work at the beginning of January, so Ellen has been going to the church nursery. It has been strange letting someone else take care of her, but we have wonderful nursery workers!


I'm not going to lie and say that everything has been rainbows and butterflies. It has been nearly 4 years since a newborn was in this house, and those first few weeks were pretty rough! We are adjusting to life with a new baby, and I'm already amazed at how quickly our little baby is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment