Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word 2014

Today I read a book.

That statement itself is monumental considering the intense newborn/preschool/grade school kid fog I feel like I have been in for weeks upon weeks. The mere fact that I read anything other than a Facebook status is cause for a celebratory cheer.

So, here we go: HIP HIP!

I digress.

The book, suggested by Clint, is One Word That Will Change Your Life.



http://www.amazon.com/Word-That-Will-Change-Expanded-ebook/dp/B00FZMSCDU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388631424&sr=8-1&keywords=One+Word


It's a very quick and easy read. I read it on the Kindle on our way to Lake Charles and was done before we got there. The basic point of the book is to do away with New Years Resolutions and instead pick ONE WORD for the year. Hence the title. This one word should be your driving force in all aspects of your life: emotionally, relationally, spiritually, physically, you get the point....

So, my word for the year, at the risk of sounding like a cliche' Jon Acuff obsession.....

Hustle.

Every day. Digging in and working hard. Waking up and setting goals for the day. Living with intentionality (spellcheck is saying this isn't a word....oh, but it is). Working with purpose. Family life with meaning.

Hustle.

Running off baby weight. Planning a Family Worship Camp. Getting our yard under control. Making new friends. Discipleship. Preparing lessons that convey truth to preschoolers and children.

Hustle.


What's your word? Let's do this.

2014.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's a GREAT idea. Now I just need to figure out what my word should be...

    ReplyDelete