Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

Christmas 2009 is officially over here at the Iles house. We had our last gathering Saturday night and we "undecorated" the house today. I know this sounds awful, but I love undecorating almost as much as I love decorating for Christmas!

Here's a rundown of the last week:

Monday: Jack and I went grocery shopping, then his PawPaw picked him up for two days in Dry Creek. I enjoyed my afternoon of sewing, cleaning, and relaxing!

Tuesday: A day all to myself! I leisurely shopped around town, took a nap, and cleaned house.

Wednesday: 3 hour glucose test in the morning (I passed!) and off to Dry Creek that afternoon. We had the small Iles family Christmas Wednesday night (just Curt, DeDe, the brothers and their wives and children). We had a wonderful evening of opening gifts, eating, and sharing about what the Lord has done in our lives in 2009. A true blessing!

Thursday: Ate breakfast with the Iles, then headed home to Woodworth! We made a Christmas gingerbread house, played with toys, and went to the Christmas Eve service at church.

Here is me and Jack with our gingerbread house!




Friday: Woke up early to open presents, the played outside for the whole morning.

Here is Jack with his precious bed head waiting to open gifts!
He loves his firetruck!

For lunch, we ate gumbo with the McCullins and my grandmother and Aunt Sarah. After lunch we all took a 2 hour nap before heading to Harrisonburg! The Terry family lives in Harrisonburg, and it is quite a large family! They have a wonderful tradition of making stockings for every member of the family. As you can see, this is a big family and we're not done adding stockings for quite some time!!



Jack loved his drill that the Greg Terry family gave him. I think Adam loved it as much as Jack!
Jack walked around like this much of the evening, taking it all in.


Saturday: I went shopping Saturday morning and bought some fabric for projects for Sydney's nursery (I'll show you when it's complete!) and a new purse! After lunch, we headed back to Dry Creek so Clay, Clint, Terry, and Brady could play their annual football game. Robin and I brought Noah and Jack to watch their daddies play! Saturday evening was the Big Iles family get-together (Clayton and Mary's children and their families). We had a lot of fun catching up with all the cousins!


This week I plan on relaxing and playing with Jack all week! I hope to get some schoolwork accomplished and maybe some sewing, also. I'll post pictures of Jack and my adventures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment