Thursday, July 22, 2010

5 Months and Other Adventures

Sydney Kaye is five months old. I don't know what's harder to believe...that five months have passed since I gave birth or that I have to go back to work in three weeks?? Reality is setting in, people.

At five months, Sydney:

  • thinks rolling is stupid and unnecessary. She's done it once and didn't see what all the rage was about.
  • thinks sitting is awesome! She can support herself sitting for a few seconds and gets better every day.
  • thinks eating solid food is terrifying. She cries with every bite and half-chokes on most bites. She thinks I'm trying to kill her.
  • thinks sleeping is the best. She sleeps 13 hours at night and takes three naps during the day.
  • thinks Jack is awesome. She would much rather him talk to her than anyone else.
As I have said a thousand times before, she is such a sweet, sweet girl. I know one day she will be too busy for me and will think I'm ridiculous, but I'll hold on to these days!



Other happenings:

We have been blessed with wonderful friends in the Carnes. Seth and Becca have two boys, Ethan and Asa, that are the same ages as Sydney and Jack. Jack and Ethan are great friends and play incredibly well together. We went to the zoo this week. Becca, Sydney, Asa and I almost melted, but Jack and Ethan didn't seem to notice the heat! Jack got bit by an emu...Alexandrians beware!! We also saw a 3 1/2 foot snake that WAS NOT IN A CAGE!!! We alerted the zoo employees and they caught him. If you have a fear of snakes, I'm so sorry that I just scared you away from the Alexandria Zoo.
We all loaded up in the Carnes vehicle last week. Here's what a family of six would look like. Whew!!

Ethan had a lot of fun...I promise!



Jack and Sydney on the train


Jack and Ethan riding an elephant

Asa sleeping away!

The boys (with Becca in the background) driving the jeep

Sydney is not thrilled with this whole excursion.


Also, as I've written earlier, Jack only takes a nap once or twice a week. We've had to have a little compromise, and it's worked beautifully!! He sits in the chair in his room for an hour. I put on some music and he "reads" books to himself. He's so cute! I took this picture from around the corner because I didn't want to disturb his (and my) reading time.



Also, Jack is shaving. Don't worry...it's an off-set spatula. Doesn't he look like a small teenager with his towel around his waist? Precious.


Whew! Sorry for such a long post, but we've been busy having fun this summer! We're headed to Ft. Worth to see Clay, Robin, Noah, Jude, and Luke. I'll take a ton of pictures and update you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment