Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Soooo much better!

Next time we buy a house (if ever), remind me that a living room with four windows equals a lot of time and money. Thank you very much.

So, this is a side window with curtains I made over a year ago. At the time, we couldn't afford to buy four matching curtain rods, so I bought those little white cheapo rods to get us through. However, those little white cheapo rods, although they say "heavy duty," do not hold up with drapes. Just so you know. The curtains were crooked, awkward, and I dealt with it for a year and a half.

This weekend I found four matching curtain rods for $55 at Hobby Lobby! Clint graciously hung them for me this weekend and I'm in the process of fixing the curtains one window at a time. I decided to buy the rings because they are easy to deal with and I can slide the curtains open and closed.

Today I ironed, rehemmed, and resituated the first curtain, and Voila!!


I LOVE it. So much more modern and clean looking. Target only had one set of rings in the store, so I can only get this window done for now, but I'll update with a picture of the whole living room once they are all complete. Oh, and you can also see that I repainted the living room. The awful gold is gone and a nice neutral in its place. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment