Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dump Trucks and Projects

Wow! What a busy week this has been! Monday the men came to fix our terrible rutted driveway. We have a gravel driveway that washed out pretty bad during the summer rains and the only solution was to have it grated up and two loads of gravel put in. Jack was SO excited to see a real, live dump truck here in our very own driveway. They let him get up in the driver's seat and honk the horn. He is still talking about the truck in the driveway.



Our next project for Jack is to clean out his closet. I've been putting it off since we moved to Alexandria (yes, it's been a year and a half) because I knew at some point Baby #2 would be coming and if we were having another boy I could just move clothes to the nursery. Well, Baby #2 is a girl (YAY!), so we are in the process of organizing Jack's old clothes and getting his closet in order. Here is his wild room in the process of cleaning out!


Jack is so full of himself. When we're in the house he always wants his cowboy hat and sunglasses on. What a ham!


Now on to Sydney Kaye...the sewing has begun!!! I spent $40 on delicious fabrics at Hobby Lobby last week and I can't wait to see how many projects I can get out of that $40. I know I have enough material for 4 dresses and a blanket. We'll see how much is left over for bibs and shoes!

First project is a Snuggly Wrap blanket. You can see the picture out of the book in one of the below posts. Tonight I got it finished! I can't wait to bundle Sydney Kaye up and snuggle!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda! You are ridiciously talented! LOVE the snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pics are great of Jack. I love the cowboy hat and sunglasses, all he needs is a guitar. The snuggly blanket is precious. Keep posting the pics. I love seeing all of them.

    ReplyDelete