Friday, October 30, 2009

Sewing...

I'll have a big post on Halloween tomorrow complete with pictures from Jack's party at school today and our big trick-or-treating event tomorrow night.

But for now....some sewing projects I've been up to. I've had a hard time finding the time and energy to sew the past couple of weeks, so I'm falling behind what I hoped to accomplish. However, I have managed to get one outfit completed and I have the fabric cut for one more.



I'm finding that although sewing saves a lot of money - each outfit is costing around $6 - it just takes so much time!! It's taking about three hours over the course of a week to get an outfit done. It's enjoyable, though, so that's what matters. Also, I'm hoping to buy her everyday outfits, and then sew some of her pretty dresses, so I'm not really aiming to fill her closet over the next 20 weeks.



Tonight Clint dropped me off at Hobby Lobby while he and Jack went to Books - A - Million (Yes, I have an amazing husband) and I bought my first big-girl pattern and I found the PERFECT fabric on sale for $3/yd. I want to make the dress on the left with the hat. Won't that be precious for 4th of July next year?

1 comment:

  1. The outfit you made is sooo cute and I love the new material. I can just see her in this outfit. Keep up the sewing projects.

    ReplyDelete