Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fish in the Classroom

This year I signed up for the Native Fish in the Classroom project. This summer we built fish tanks, then in the fall we put in some native Louisiana fish, and in the spring we will get 100 paddlefish eggs to raise into baby fish and release into the wild! When I signed up for this, I had no idea that I would be having a baby in March, so I won't be there for the grand final project. My supervisor of the project was NOT happy to hear that today.

She'll get over it.

I promise my heart is not broken that I won't be dealing with 160 students and 100 fish eggs at one time. Maybe next year.

Clint, Jack and I went to pick up our bluegill fish this morning and put them in the tank in my classroom! Here's hoping that my "too cool for school" high school students don't poison them!

Look at 'em go! I hope they're still living Monday morning.



Jack watching the fish swim



Here's my Biology classroom! Yes, all of those desks are filled almost every class period....Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment